Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog, A Dash of This, A Smidgeon of That. I'm going to be sharing some of my favorite recipes, decorating ideas, cleaning tips and organizing suggestions. (Okay, that last one was a joke. What do I know about organization?)
I'd love it if you CDMs out there contributed your ideas, etc., too. Either leave it as a comment or email me and I'll post it for all to see.
Let the fun begin!

Simple Apple Butter Recipe
from "Dining on a Dime Cookbook" by Tawra Kellam and Jill Cooper

9-10 apples, cored, peeled and chopped
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. salt

Place everything into a crockpot. Stir, cover and cook on high 1 hour. Cook on low 9-11 hours or until thick and dark brown. Stir occasionally. Uncover and cook on low 1 hour longer. Stir with whisk until smooth. Refrigerate or freeze. Makes 2 pints.

No comments: