Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cheesiest Potato Soup Recipe

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com a year or two ago and it quickly became one of my family's favorite meals. Joshua lists this soup on his top ten favorite foods I make and whenever I make it for other people it's a big hit.

Note: I use regular milk instead of the heavy cream and, since I never have any on hand, I don't add dill weed.

Cheesiest Potato Soup

Prep Time: 15 MinutesCook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 45 MinutesYields: 6 servings

INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup diced onion
2 1/2 cups peeled and diced
potatoes
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 3/4 cups shredded sharp
Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon ground black
pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
pepper
DIRECTIONS:
1.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in potatoes and broth, bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
2.
Puree potato mixture in a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender; return to pot over medium heat. Stir in cream, cheese, dill, pepper, salt and cayenne. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 minutes.

No comments: