Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Do You Know the Muffin Crayon?

Here's a good idea that's been around for a while: Take all those old, broken crayons and remove the wrappers. Put them in old muffin tins and melt them in the oven. I had my oven at 350 and it only took about eight minutes or so to melt the crayons. You want to be careful not to melt them too much or all the colors will blend together and you'll end up with a lovely shade of puke-brown. After the crayons have melted enough to form one solid mass take them out of the oven and let them cool until they've hardened. Then enjoy your "Muffin Crayons!"

1 comment:

Raquel said...

I did this once when I was younger, except I was afraid it would stick in the muffin tin so I used an old tuna can. I ended up with a layer of waxy residue on top of the crayon, but other than that it worked pretty well. Ah, memories... :-)